Here we are - the seasons are slowly changing once again and we are beginning to see some changes in our skin and what’s trending this Spring. We can expect rising temperatures, skin flare ups, bright and creamy nail colors, various haircuts popular amongst celebrities and retro hairstyles straight off the runway.
1.So what can you do to keep your skin under control?
2.What nail inspiration should you add to your Pinterest board?
3.Which haircuts and styles will reign supreme this Spring?
Continue reading to reveal the answers to all of your questions so you can effortlessly stay on trend and keep your skin quenched!
1. IT'S TIME TO CHANGE YOUR SKIN REGIMEN...
We are slowly experiencing the turbulent transition from Winter to Spring. Your complexion can become dry, oily and anything in-between when faced with different ranges of temperature, humidity or altitude. In desert conditions like Las Vegas, where we experience rising temperatures and low humidity, our skin struggles to replenish its natural water loss. The drier the air, the more moisture it sucks out of our skin. This is known as Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL) and low humidity combined with higher temperatures leads to the skin drying out very quickly. To counteract dry skin, we highly recommend incorporating lightweight hydrating products into your daytime skincare routine such as:
• Heal by Katia Day Moisturizer - all natural, lightweight formula hydrates and moisturizes all skin types, perfect for everyday natural glow
• Lira Bio Hydra Infusion - lightweight hydrating serum restores precious moisture with hyaluronic acid and silver ear mushroom extract
• Epicuren Colostrum Luminous Glow Cream - lightweight cream precisely hydrates skin and acts as a potent moisture restorer with an uplifting citrus aroma
• Jan Marini Transformation Face Cream - luxurious, patented formula reduces visible signs of aging while providing superb hydration
• Osmosis Quench - rejuvenating moisturizer contains hyaluronic acid, organic shea butter, and jojoba seed oil while providing various lipids that restore the epidermal barrier
We also recommended using heavier moisturizing products at night such as:
• HEAL by Katia Night Moisturizer - a luxurious, intensive moisturizer with restorative
properties that can also be used as a neck cream.
Strong UV rays and pollution are also heightened during this time, creating free radicals in the skin that lead to inflammation and barrier dysfunction.
You can fight free radicals and hydrate your skin simultaneously with products like:
• Osmosis MD Immerse Restorative Facial Oil - intense moisture booster provides natural anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants promote healing while preserving a youthful radiance
• Epicuren Nourish Daily Antioxidant Moisturizer - lightweight organic ingredients deliver vital moisture deep into the skin while antioxidants awaken its natural radiance, helping keep your skin healthy and vibrant
Protect your skin from harmful UV rays with a daily hydrating sunscreen such as
• Lira Clinical SPF Solar Shield 30 - this daily hydrating SPF moisturizer shields skin with full
spectrum physical protection while a blend of peptides and plant stem cells replenish,
renew and restore skin.
• Osmosis Protect - a Broad Spectrum SPF 30 that provides a sheer, hydrating veil infused
with antioxidants and is also reef-safe and chemical free
• Jan Marini Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant - this Broad Spectrum SPF 33 is water
resistant, protects skin from UVA and UVB rays, and provides advanced hydration with oil
• Epicuren Zinc Oxide Perfecting Sunscreen SPF 27 - this whipped, antioxidant-rich
sunscreen naturally protects your skin from UV damage while lightly hydrating skin, reducing the appearance of dark spots, and evening your skin’s overall tone.
2. NAIL INSPIRATION FOR SPRING 2020.
Along with the weather and our skin, nail trends are rapidly progressing. On the runways at Fashion Week, models showcased buttery yellows, rich browns, creamy hues, lots of animal print and even negative space.
This Spring, nail trends are all about having fun and updated French manicures are where all the fun is at!
What even is an ‘updated’ French manicure? They are pretty much anything you want them to be! Double-tipped, micro French, pastel tips with a neutral base, or even asymmetrical! Rock two trends at once with something like this bright yellow, double-tipped French manicure or a French manicure tipped with animal print.
If you want a French mani that POPS but doesn’t draw as much attention, then try this French manicure with creamy orange tips matched against a rich, natural brown. Or you can completely fly under the radar while staying on trend by getting a micro French manicure with classic white tips that are barely there.
3. TRENDY HAIR INSPO.
Springtime traditionally calls for more highlights and lighter blondes but Spring 2020 is all about the BRONDES! If you can’t decide whether to go light or dark, then Bronde is perfect for you.
A timelessly polished look, this trending hair color is undeniably achievable, low maintenance and beneficial for keeping hair healthy while showcasing dimension with pops of brightness. Inspirational Bronde looks can be spotted on Khloe Kardashian, Gigi Hadid and Ashley Benson. And here at Pearl Skin Studio, we have the perfect products for repairing your chemically treated hair and more for maintaining your perfect shade of Bronde. There are also various cuts and styles trending this Spring like the modern shag, short bangs, and French girl bobs (one of my personal favorites). Just look how adorable and sophisticated Iris Apatow looks with her French girl bob and short bang combo! You truly can’t go wrong with any of these sassy styles. So which one are you trying next?
Written by Melanie
Edited by Kay